Help residents impact the policies & funding that affect them directly!
Join our Resident Services cohort! Together, you design and support resident engagement strategies, including integrated voter engagement and leadership development. Learn tools to lift up residents’ voices and help improve their quality of life.
Revisit this page for updated resident engagement materials, resources, and other information.
For more info: email@example.com
At NPH, we believe engaging resident service staff to create cohorts of advocates will lead to policy outcomes that serve the affordable housing movement for all. To facilitate this conversation we have created the CAVE certification program which will provide a professional development opportunity for resident service staff.
The CAVE program is three sessions long:
- History of Affordable Housing in the Bay Area
- April 8, 10AM-11:30AM
- Sparking Engagement: Organizer Narratives & Digital Organizing Strategies
- April 29, 10AM-11:30AM
- What Now? Moving forward after Election Day to build Leadership
- May 13, 10AM-11:30AM
CAVE certification program will be a three part series that is free to NPH member organization staff. It is open to all regional members.
Take a look at the video of our first session from 2020 to see some of what we went over to start our CAVE certification series!
- Order voter collateral such as posters and flyers
- Find templates to use for your voter engagement work
- Find video resources and tutorials
- How Resident Services win funds for affordable homes: NPH Plan
- Worksheet for resident engagement, including voter registration: My Plan for Resident Engagement
- Voter registration training support services: List of County Clerk contacts
- Your responsibilities in voter registration: Secretary of State’s Guide
- Legal requirements for anyone issuing registration cards: voter registration rules
- LifeSTEPS’ Instructor Guide on effective newsletters, training, and ice Breakers for voter registration and education: LifeSTEPS Guide
- LifeSTEPS’ sample newsletter on engaging residents. View the LifeSTEPS Sample Newsletter
- Below, learn from former NPH Political Director, Sharon Cornu, on Voter Registration as a Community Building Campaign